If you haven't noticed, the design, direction and tone of my website is entirely different. Actually, it has been for like a year or so. You could say I've been a little slow in updating you. Ahem. Procrastinate much? You bet! (If you're reading this via email subscription, pop over to my site and check it out.)
My blog is no longer called "A Joyfilled Life." Not that I don't have a life filled with joy. I sure do. Most days. But God's been showering me in so much grace during my little soul crisis, that last year I bought a new domain and have been waiting for just the right time to launch my new site.
Why the new name? Because at the heart of why I find so much joy in the 'fragrant muck' of life, as Frederick Buechner so eloquently puts it, is God's abundant grace.
The evolution of the name change began years ago when a dear family friend, who happens to be a very wise pastor and a professor of important theological things, once asked me what my 'secret' was for being so bubbly.
I've been pondering that question for over a year and recently gave him my "final" answer. One I'll share in more detail here at some point.
But for now can I just say I'm excited about this new direction in my online ministry? Like crazy excited!
God has been screaming at me to write more for years now. And I've been ignoring Him big-time. It's not a good thing to ignore your Creator, by the way. He often will do a lot of things to get your attention.
But that's also a story left for another day.
This week, I just wanted to touch base and tell you about a few important things.
- I am going to post regularly. Shocking, I know. My long term goal is to post a few times a week, but for now, I'll ease my way into it by posting once a week, every Monday.
- I have such a love/hate relationship with Facebook. If you haven't noticed, it's really hard to get page updates in your news feed anymore. So to make sure you don't miss a post, you will need to follow along with me by doing this crazy thing called “subscribe.” You’ll get posts delivered weekly to your email. (I won't spam the crap out of you, I promise.)
- I will eventually do some fun Facebook stuff. So, if you don't already like me on Facebook, you might want to consider doing that so we can become the bestest of friends, swap recipes and share each others crazy secrets. Um, kidding. But you can follow me on Facebook if you want. Click "like" on the sidebar, I made it easy for you! No pressure. (insert social pressure! j/k)
- I want to hear from you! It encourages my heart so deeply when I get wonderful emails and comments. Please consider leaving a comment on a post that you like, or just respond by email to the post you receive via email each week, ok?
- Speaking of leaving comments, I made it crazy easy for you to leave a message right here on my blog. I switched platforms and installed a fun commenting system. So if you are logged into Facebook, you can click on the comment section and leave a message that way, or you can post it anonymously, or even use an email account or other social media program. You will be notified of replies and it'll be a lot of crazy fun! Give it a try and see how you like it. (And if you need help figuring it out, let me know.)