Why do we gaze into the mirror each morning and pick ourselves apart? Why do we focus on the wrinkles, dark circles, frizzy hair and love handles, or the guilt from a misspoken word, our short tempers, the inability to get the monster to do list done each day, or keep the kitchen counter tops clean?
When we focus on all the "flaws" that the world sees, we rob ourselves of the special beauty that God designed just for us.
Aren't you tired of focusing on your shortcomings? I sure am. We need to focus on things that make us special! The beauty layered beneath the baggage of life. The beauty God sees in us through Jesus.
Totally whole. Perfect in Him. Free of shame, guilt, condemnation, fear and judgment. FREE to be who He designed us to be, flaws and all.
When God looks at us, He doesn't see our messy kitchens, short tempers or the dirty laundry piled high in the basement linen closet. He sees Jesus. So maybe it's time to cut ourselves a little slack?
We are made new and beautiful through Christ Jesus.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."
-2 Corinthians 5:17
- LET IT GO. Ditch the guilt, shame, condemnation and self hatred.
- BREATHE. You don't have to get everything on your to do list done today!
- PRAY. Instead of trying to control people and things, rest in Christ and His righteousness.
- ACCEPT. Be happy with who you are when you look in the mirror each morning. Jesus loves you, flaws and all. Your salvation is not contingent on your perfection.
- CHOOSE LOVE. Stop the excessive calorie counting, extreme workouts, juice fasts and other crazy things that promise to mold you into an unattainable image of perfection.
"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."
-1 Peter 2:9 NIV
Today is the day to just be happy being YOU!
You are a priceless treasure made for heaven.
You are irreplaceable. Your sparkle doesn’t come from diamonds or rubies that will fade over time. It comes from deep inside your soul where the Holy Spirit resides; the place where true beauty shines eternal!